MEMBERSHIP MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
“Forward into the Past” is more than just an intriguing “play on words”: they encapsulate our Mission! “We are driven-moving FORWARD-to inspire passion for preserving and protecting our local history-our treasured PAST.” Your membership helps achieve our Mission-together!
Membership in The Millbrook Society helped us in 2018 to conduct educational activities, including a Civil War encampment in Hatboro, archaeology programs at Moland House in Warwick Township, and participation in Hatboro community events. The financial support of our members also provided for updating the museum displays and collection, refreshing our wardrobing, as well as publishing our quarterly newsletter, Grist.
Millbrook's plans for 2019 include educational programs on the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, archeology, genealogy, and a historic Hatboro walking tour. We are updating the Society’s website, making items to enhance our colonial-era wardrobe, and acquiring whenever possible, items from our local past for protection and preservation in our museum.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
$1000 Life Membership
$500 Corporate Sponsor
$12 Student (with ID) / Senior (65+)
We all are volunteers and we always need volunteers to help run Millbrook, lead and support our projects and programs, as well as, to maintain some of the day-to-day operations of the Society.
- Archaeology/Historic Preservation
- Costumes/Wardrobe (designing, sewing)
- Education programs
- General Admin (data entry, files management)
- Interpreter/Oral History/Reenactments
- Membership (data base, mailing, communication)
- Museum/Archives (organizing artifacts/records, preservations, research)
- Oral History/Historical Interpreter
- Publications (writing, editing, researching, photography)
- Staffing at events and activities
- Website/Facebook (update, manage)
- Heading a department
- Serving on Millbrook's board